Saturday, August 8, 2009

Overjoyed!



This is how I feel! I am overjoyed. I can't even believe I can possibly feel this way after quitting my job, being apart from Eric, and feeling very strained as I approach my last paycheck. I think everyday about where we are and where we have been! Wow....it has been a journey. As I have reconnected with friends over this past summer and recounted the story with them...I am overwhelmed when I look back to a year ago. I am amazed at the path our lives have taken. Clearly the Lord is directing this change in our lives and we move full force ahead with great anticipation.

Eric is so very excited about his new job and has been working as much as possible on the house. (pics to come in next post). I can't tell you how the distance we experience geographically has brought us closer together in a unique way. Of course there are times when I feel like I can't do another day. But it has brought out some creative expressions of our love for one another. I will be the first one to say that he has done better than me. (of course I quickly remind him that I have 3 children who drain my creative juices!) But hearing his excitement, his hope, his contentment draws me to Missouri like never before.

I know that pulling up our roots here in Lynchburg will certainly rank up there as one of the most heart wrenching things we have ever done, but I pull them up with faith and trust in the Lord. He has been so faithful! I pray that I will treasure these moments in my heart and draw from the lessons I have learned and will continue to learn.

Psalm 62:1-2
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken!


By the way...that is me in that photo....I can still jump at 41....definitely something to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a testimony to the Lord's faithfulness my friend!!! I praise the Lord for you.
    Your family is in my prayers and I anticipate hearing how He continues to keep you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete