Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh Baby....not my baby???




Well, I made it to a day that some days I never thought I would see. Ellie is in Kindergarten! Today they had a day where just the "K-Kids" went to allow them to experience school without 500+ big kids in the building.
Ellie was a little bit nervous when we got to school, but overall she had a great day. The time with her has just flown by so quickly. While our time today was really fun,I could not stop pondering how quickly life seems to be passing! It seems like yesterday I was sitting in Bulls Restaurant celebrating a friend's birthday and telling her that I was pregnant!! (that is a birthday Julie will never forget!)
I am starting off this school year very differently.....NOT WORKING! It has afforded me quality time with the girls as I am not consumed with getting ready for a classroom of 4th graders. However, the time on my hands has been unusual and at times I feel like I have been floundering. Today was no exception. I felt like I was wandering through the kindergarten orientation like I was in some sort of out of body experience. I was overwhelmed by how fast five years has flown by and thinking about what the next five may hold for our family. It is sure to be exciting to see how the Lord will use us in Missouri, but I will be honest and say, sometimes.....the whole idea of moving scares me. I kept thinking today...."What will our lives be like in five years?"
This week I will have an opportunity for some definite time of solitude as the girls start school and I don't start my classes until Thursday. I really want to use it to seek and search out what it is the Lord has in store for me over the next few months....and years! I know that we are not to worry about tomorrow....and that the Lord has each day of my life numbered. But, as I thought about how fast these past five years have gone, I certainly was urged to seek the Lord concerning what He has in store for me, so that I might live each day for His glory.
Psalm 5:7,8
7 Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe. 8 Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it either!! Man, it goes by too fast.
    I hope you have a wonderful few days of solitude. I hope they are delightfully productive in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete