Saturday, July 18, 2009

Four Doors & a Bed!


"Four Doors & a Bed!" is what you might hear as you travel down the road with the girls and their Dad. It is "game" that started when he was explaining to the girls what kind of vehicle he wanted. They like to be able to spot one before he does. Those of you who know us , know that we are ....well "vehicularly challenged". I personally have a host of "breakdown" stories that usually involve long trips, smoke billowing out of the hood of my car, being stranded along the highway, etc. You get the picture. So, a Ford F150 --four doors & a bed didn't seem like it would be in our near future! Do not get me wrong....we are so very thankful for the modes of transportation that the Lord has literally bestowed upon us. But they do keep us on our knees! :0)
I was thrilled last month when my husband told me that the company that he is working for offered to allow him to use a company pickup truck. We were thankful that in the Missouri heat he would atleast have AC. (His car does not have AC...I told you we were "vehicularly challenged!"). Well, recently they sold the truck that he was using and consequently did a shuffling of trucks among the company. Guess what he ended up with? A Ford F-150, Four doors & a bed!

When you have a time in your family's life where there is uncertainty or struggle, one thing that eventually emerges is the thankfulness for all things....especially the small things. I love the song that Michael W. Smith sings with the line...."Everywhere I go I see you!" Whenever I listen to it I am challenged to see him in everything. Through our recent trial I have been more consciously aware of God's presence in everything. I feel like I have a heightened awareness of his working in the events of our lives. I see His hand in the small things and even the (gasp!) bad things!
I think it is no coincidence that he is able to drive that truck. But, it is not "getting to use the truck" that pleases me so much. But rather that the truck is just a daily reminder of God's genuine love for his children. He wants to bless me. There are so many other ways that the Lord loves me and provides for me daily. Four doors & a bed is just icing on the cake.
"For the Lord is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations."

Psalms 100:5

1 comment:

  1. Amen! He blesses us so and loves to do it! And just think about how much more it is appreciated since you have been in such uncertainty and had to step out in obedience to make this move?! Praise the Lord for giving you exactly what you wanted... 4 doors and a bed!

    ReplyDelete