Sunday, July 12, 2009

Julia's Baptism




Julia got baptised today. It is so wonderful to see your children follow the Lord in baptism. As we listened to everyone's story I was encouraged to see how the Lord works in different ways to draw people to Himself. Here is Julia's story: "I came to know the Lord when I was 9. I was having thoughts that scared me about what it would be like if God were not in my life. I knew if I did not accept Christ into my life I would not go to heaven. At first I considered accepting Him into my life nothing but a "get out of jail free card". But over this past year I have learned that being a christian is more than just about making sure I go to heaven. It's also about loving the Lord with all your heart. That's why he created me. I'm learning to live in Christ. Each day I understand about what it means to have him in my life. I want to follow the Lord in baptism."




.....If you look at what Julia is wearing it is the exact outfit that Kathryn wore last year when she got baptised. She has (on her own) called them her "holy" clothes. She cherishes this outfit as a symbol of her committment to Christ. When she outgrew the skirt she insisted that I not give it away, but that she wanted to keep it. When Julia was deciding what to wear, she went and got it. I know it is a little "hokey", but it was a sweet moment. It is a way that has allowed me to see that they see this act of obedience as important, special.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO, SO precious. I made it through Madison's baptism just fine until we started singing after the prayer that followed it. I just wept and wept with such joy! Carson's too. They have truly been the greatest days of my life so far.
    Your girls are so precious and their testimonies are SO encouraging. I can't wait to share this with my kids.

    ReplyDelete