Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's All In Who You Know.........



This morning I had a job interview. I was so excited to actually get a call back, I have learned it is not a good time to be an unemployed teacher! The school I interviewed at requires a bit of a commute so I decided I better make a "dry run" as if I were heading there for work to see what the traffic is like, and the trip in general. So I set out this morning and arrived with plenty of time on my hands.

I found a place to get some coffee (shocker!) and wanted to use the time to pray about and contemplate my soon to be interview. I recently had been going through the Psalms for my quiet time, but decided to head over to Ephesians this morning. I read these verses:

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,To the saints in Ephesus,the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
Ephesians 1:1-3


I started thinking about what it meant that I have been blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. I began to make a list of things that come along with that "blessing". The list became quite long and encouraged me as I was about to go to my interview.

Through this journey of looking for employment I have been worried about my lack of connections. Why in the world would someone consider a teacher from out of state with "no connections"? As I was listing these blessings this morning the Lord gently reminded me of the promise that these blessings bring and that I had forgotten that He is the only connection that I need for me to be where I need to be! I know I can't sit around and throw my resumes outside and hope they blow onto the doorstep of that special school.(although somedays it does seem windy enough!) There is work to be done on my part. But, I was reminded and encouraged that my fretting and stewing and wondering how I would ever get a job without connections is not needed because I have the connection of the blessings that flow from Christ. I have the connections of all connections...the connection that will trump anyone!

Well, the interview went well. I now sit and wait, but not in fear or worry because.......... I've got connections!

2 comments:

  1. "I have the connections of all connections...the connection that will trump anyone!"

    AMEN! Exactly what I was thinking from your first "no connections" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just like a wellspring of wisdom and good reminders! What wonderful truth.

    ReplyDelete